by Michelle Auer
- Canadians have always loved their Maynards, the No. 1 candy in the country. By the end of 2011, the classic gummi will get a new face, literally: The brand is offering one lucky fan the opportunity to be turned into candy.
- To enter the contest, they have to “like” Maynards’ Facebook page and then upload their funniest facial expression into an app. Add a couple of tweaks and voila! — they’ve turned their head into their favorite gummi flavor. Contestants can then customize the packaging and tell Maynards why they should be “candified.”
- The contest closed on September 30. On October 18, Maynards announced the 10 finalists. They include Michael B., who wrote, “My face is so symmetrical. It was destined to be imprinted on a candy. +The shape of my head is aerodynamically perfect for sound digestion.” Jessica W. wrote, “Ever put one too many Fuzzy Peaches in your mouth? Is there such a thing?! I believe my face, depicts just that peachy tang!”
WHAT THIS MEANS TO BUSINESS
- Canadians like to interact with their favorite brands in many ways — the more offbeat and personalized the better.
- Consumers appreciate the DIY and individualized nature of the Maynards app, which allows them to to have fun, get a laugh and share the experience with others.