by Cree McCree
- Is it too late for cucumbers? When should the celery go in? SproutRobot takes the guesswork out of gardening by sending seeds and reminders when it’s time to plant.
- Gardeners enter their zip code to get a regionally optimized planting calendar. They can either register for free email reminders and use their own seeds, or purchase timed deliveries of certified organic heirloom seeds throughout the year.
- Seed shipments include instructions, and come in three different sizes: Patio Garden ($20/year), Small Garden ($40/year) and Family Garden ($60/year), which includes up to 10 varieties
WHAT THIS MEANS TO BUSINESS
- Timing is everything in gardening; miss a cycle by a week and you may have to wait until next year. Timely reminders help busy consumers stay in synch with Mother Nature.
- Backyard gardening isn’t just a hobby anymore. Many cash-strapped consumers are growing food for the dinner table. For a relatively modest investment of $60, the SproutRobot Family Garden yields veggies several times a week.