by Stefania Revelli
- Calling all calorie counters: Graphic designer Cyrene Quiamco has introduced Stix, a concept phone she claims will help burn calories while charging (Textually.org 7.19.09).
- The phone — which attaches to the wrist, purse or belt — only recharges when users jog, jump, shake, stroll or perform other modes of physical activity.
- The phone uses GPS technology to track physical activity levels and comes with a built-in pedometer and heart rate monitor to keep track of calls — uh, vitals.
WHAT THIS MEANS TO BUSINESS
- When health, fitness and technology meet, the result is a consumer’s concept of a seamless solution: a portable, completely integrated lifestyle enabler.
- In an app-abled world, consumers lean on their cellphone as the one-stop answer to just about any life dilemma.
- Technology has been blamed for much of today’s sedentary lifestyle; a fitness-focused mobility solution is just what the 2.0 doctor might prescribe.